On 16/02/2018 09:23, Bert Verhees wrote:

I think it means, predictable paths, so data can be found by queries without even knowing exact what one is looking for. For example, the eye-colour example for a pregnant woman as Thomas gave. I changed it to iris, because iris is not often registered, but there are clinicians which think it is important. A vendor could create an iris-analyzing device, and hand over an archetype with it to read out the data. That is what we wish for for OpenEhr, isn't it?
It ain't going to happen tomorrow, but it could happen in the future.

no reason it cannot happen now..

So when querying the particularities of a pregnancy an eventually irisscopy must be part of the result-set, even when no-one asked for it. So the vendor I just mentioned should have has archetype modeled in a way that it fits in the querying structure. This is a technical issue, deciding if an iris is interesting is a clinical issue, but storing an irisscopy in a way that it can/will be found, even when it is not expected is a technical issue. There must be a pattern imposed on the archetype structures which causes that data can be found, and never become invisible.

you will just use a generic eye/iris archetype for the iris data points; it will be mixed in to a template with pregnancy specific data if it is needed. And it will be reliably queryable via the paths in the generic eye/iris archetype.

It is not that I want make technicians to important, it is not my call anyway. I am glad that clinicians can do most of the jobs, but to optimize the implementable aspect of archetypes, we need technicians, I hope that this example makes this clear. And it is not the only example, there are other examples which to find ask for other structures.