Hi,

IMO having s national terminology server like we have in Uruguay, is a
first step of delivering. jus imagine standardizing every diagnosis, every
procedure and every drug around the country? I can only see benefits for
clinical environments and public health, they will have data to actually
see what's happening in a complex system. also this is part of a state
strategy for health accessibility.

BTW, we don't have tons of money, so even if some tactical areas fail, is
the investment of learning. But we are learning from institutions that
already did this and using their experience, this  not an isolated journey
reinventing the wheel.

There are 3 questions to make when your are starting: 1. Is there any use
of SNOMED in my ehealth strategy? 2. Is there an alternative? 3. What's the
cost of SNOMED vs. the alternative?

I'm an engineer and just recently I was understood the real value of SNOMED
sheet using it for data querying. Without getting your hand dirty a little
bit is difficult to know for sure what are the pros and cons. Obviously
this is not a panacea and needs a lot of work to implement and maintain.
ROI is long term as in everything in ehealth (like implementing openEHR!)

best,
Pablo