On Sun, Sep 02, 2018 at 10:25:23AM +0100, Ian McNicoll wrote:

> Very helpful. I'd suggest one other minor tweak to differentiate 'episode'
> which is one or more encounters associated with a particular problem or
> issue, and 'period of care' which is administrative idea that
> roughly equates to an admission or series of outpatient appointments. In
> hospital care the two are often conflated.

Agreed. Since GNUmed does not concern itself with documenting
in-patient care it never occurred to us that the time in
hospital most certainly does not necessarily equate to an
episode :-)

Particularly since GNUmed affords documenting hospital stays
(with admission and discharge dates), each stay linked to
episodes of care.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Karsten
--
GPG  40BE 5B0E C98E 1713 AFA6  5BC0 3BEA AC80 7D4F C89B