On Thu, 2011-06-02 at 07:25 -0700, Tom Rini wrote:
> But help2man is just the easy/common case.  Heck, it _may_ blow up even
> with the host help2man instead of help2man-native, if a recipe uses
> system-wide help2man and perlnative.bbclass.  The root problem (again,
> from memory) is that since we modify PERL5LIB and so on, when we do
> that, we've opened ourselves up for system-wide perl trying to use
> perl-native's stuff.

Ah right, I think I see what you're getting at now.

If we've got a clean separation between perl-native and host perl,
though, can't we now just eliminate all of that futzing with PERL5LIB in
cpan.bbclass and such like places?  perl-native already knows how to
look in the right places within the sysroot for its modules so there
should be no need for anything else to be overriding it.

p.