On 08/22/2017 12:07 PM, Richard Purdie wrote:
On Tue, 2017-08-22 at 12:04 -0400, Bruce Ashfield wrote:
On 08/22/2017 12:00 PM, Richard Purdie wrote:

On Tue, 2017-08-22 at 11:34 -0400, Bruce Ashfield wrote:

I can send you a v4 of the 4.12 patch in the next half an hour,
that's easiest for me to do.

.. but if it isn't for you, go ahead and do the merge and I'll
sort it out in a follow up.
The above works, I'm still trying to get to the bottom of the other
issues that are going on.
Patch sent as a v4 (although I now realize I forgot to put
v4 in the subject, only in the summary).

Thanks, I'll pull that into subsequent test runs.

Something in the IDE CDROM driver?
I keep getting sent changes to drop IDE support completely, but
they aren't in play here, I'm still waiting on a 4.10 linux-yocto
to configure so I can diff the .configs and fire up some comparison
boot tests.

I did diff the configs and nothing jumped out to me at
least, CONFIG_INITRAMFS_COMPRESSION=".gz" went missing but doesn't look
relevant as it only affects built in initramfs afaict.

I am seeing the same thing, and can't see anything obvious.

I'm now doing a git bisect between 4.10 and 4.12.

Bruce