Hi Jose,

On 25.10.2017 17:16, Jose Lamego wrote:
A previous upgrade attempt [1] showed that bc version 1.07.1 not only needs ed in the host (a regression from 1.06) but also shows a Parallel Make Race that requires unsetting PARALLEL_MAKE variable. I contacted the upstream maintainer and he is aware of this situation and has developed and tested a version 1.07.2, (however is not available for download yet). The upgrade was delayed for this reason (more details in the patch comments thread).

Interesting, thanks for pointing that out!

That said, Is there any urgent need for the upgrade to 1.07.1?

Absolutely not. The story behind this upgrade is that at OEDEM, we discussed version bumps as a way for new contributors to get up to speed. So when the upgradeable recipes report came in shortly afterwards, I just picked something that looked innocent enough and gave it a try. I'm absolutely fine with ignoring this patchset for the given reasons.

On a side note, I believe bc 1.07.1 license should be GPLv3+ & LGPLv3 only, unless I'm missing something.

Alex and I actually discussed that in the meantime and we concluded that given license notices in the source itself and the description on the home page that it actually is only "GPLv3+". But thats just a side notice.

Thanks for the heads up!

Greetz
--
Josef Holzmayr
Software Developer Embedded Systems

Tel: +49 8444 9204-48
Fax: +49 8444 9204-50

R-S-I Elektrotechnik GmbH & Co. KG
Woelkestrasse 11
D-85301 Schweitenkirchen
www.rsi-elektrotechnik.de
Amtsgericht Ingolstadt – GmbH: HRB 191328 – KG: HRA 170393
Geschäftsführer: Dr.-Ing. Michael Sorg, Dipl.-Ing. Franz Sorg
Ust-IdNr: DE 128592548