On 11/02/2017 07:41 PM, Otavio Salvador wrote:
On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 12:02 AM, wenzong fan <wenzong....@windriver.com> wrote:

On 11/01/2017 08:51 PM, Otavio Salvador wrote:

Hello,

On Wed, Nov 1, 2017 at 4:04 AM,  <wenzong....@windriver.com> wrote:

From: Wenzong Fan <wenzong....@windriver.com>

Disable 'mountall.sh' to avoid system halt while the init manager is
set as 'busybox'.

In busybox init, the 'SIGUSR1' was handled as 'halt', calling to the
'mountall.sh' would trigger the signal with:
    + kill -USR1 1

Wouldn't be better to add the signal handler for it?

There's the handler in busybox-1.24.1/init/init.c:

  788 /* The SIGPWR/SIGUSR[12]/SIGTERM handler */
  789 static void halt_reboot_pwoff(int sig) NORETURN;
  790 static void halt_reboot_pwoff(int sig)
  791 {
  803         run_shutdown_and_kill_processes();
  817 }

I think it was intended to halt the system.

Ok; but what mountall will offer to OE-Core then?

If we use systemd, it all another way to provide the same. So why not
dropping it?

We can drop it for systemd and busybox. Actually it has been limited to be used with sysvinit only from the packagegroup-core-boot.bb:

+ SYSVINIT_SCRIPTS = "${@bb.utils.contains('MACHINE_FEATURES', 'rtc', '${VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_base-utils-hwclock}', '', d)} \
+                    modutils-initscripts \
+                    init-ifupdown \
+                    ${VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_initscripts} \
                   "

+ RDEPENDS_${PN} = "\
+ ${@bb.utils.contains("DISTRO_FEATURES", "sysvinit", "${SYSVINIT_SCRIPTS}", "", d)} \
+ ...
+"

Please ignore my patches, they fix the issues for "busybox + initscrtipts" which won't be supported again.

Thanks
Wenzong