On 11/06/2017 10:04 PM, Paul Eggleton wrote:
3) 'devtool finish' currently does not handle the recipe upgrade
situation well: the new recipe and patches are placed side by side with
the current recipe. The old stuff should be removed, and a tentative
commit should be created. So maybe add a 'devtool finish-upgrade'.

That's not what's supposed to happen - it should already be deleting the
original files (it takes a record of the copied files when you run devtool
upgrade, and then when you run devtool finish it deletes those and moves the
new ones across from the workspace). If that's not working it's a bug and I
would appreciate a reproducer. I'd certainly prefer that we keep to one finish
command that does its best to "do the right thing" depending on the situation.

For me it happens every time. I run 'devtool finish <recipe> ../meta' and while the new files are placed into the correct dir in the layer, the old ones all remain (which is especially annoying if I then need to manually sort the added/deleted patch files).

Can you run a quick check to see if it happens on your side? Something trivial, like ffmpeg would do. I can then file a bug.

Also, there shouldn't be a need to specify the destination at all, if the recipe is modified or upgraded.

Alex