On 2017年11月17日 09:46, Kang Kai wrote:
On 2017年11月16日 18:27, Andre McCurdy wrote:
On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 8:24 PM, Kang Kai <kai.k...@windriver.com> wrote:
On 2017年05月23日 17:58, Kang Kai wrote:
On 2017年05月19日 19:47, Burton, Ross wrote:
On 19 May 2017 at 09:52, <kai.k...@windriver.com> wrote:
Build without threads for bind is inherited from legacy openembedded.
All libc's support proper threading on Linux now, so enable threads
support for bind.

It is also need to disable static library build which cause package dhcp
fail to build after enable bind threads support.
It seems this change was made without taking into account the advice given in:

http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/commit/?id=f28757a4b89447ea528cba987f0396b92aa0bbfe

"If and when we ship bind's shared libraries we should ensure that the
libraries go into a separate package."

Libraries are packaged to bind-libs which has been created by :

http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/commit/?id=d74ebc91388941295a2321a295cdb06ee87fc38b

Regards,
Kai

In rocko builds I see "named" running on port 53 and dnsmasq fails to start...

Thanks. I'll check that.

--Kai

Options devpoll and epoll are configured to choose most preferable
multiplex method for unix socket. The priorities are: epoll > poll >
select. When set '--enable-epoll', it just defines a var and include
header file that is available for cross compile. So use epoll for bind.

Add PACKAGECONFIG 'urandom' that could use /dev/urandom as random device.

Update file/directory ownerships to fix daemon start failure.

--
Regards,
Neil | Kai Kang