On 11/16/2017 07:57 PM, Ricardo Ribalda Delgado wrote:

+Some libraries, like QT, have pre-processors that convert their input
+files into something that the cross-compiler can process. We find the
+path of those pre-processors via pkg-config-native instead of
+pkg-config.
+
+This path forces the use of pkg-config-native for host_bins arguments.
+
+There are some discussions upstream to merge this patch, but I presonaly
believe
+that is is OE only.
https://github.com/mesonbuild/meson/issues/1849#issuecomment-303730323

Does the snippet from Martin's patch that I just commented on solve this
issue in a much simpler way?

I am afraid not. We need to call pkg-config for getting the -libs
-cflags, et all, and pkg-config-native for --host_bins We cannot use
the same pkg-config for all unfortunatelly.

Unfortunately, the same patch needs to be ported again to 0.44.0, as the changes upstream made are non-trivial. Can you do that please?

Alex