On 03/03/18 18:21, Richard Purdie wrote:
On Sat, 2018-03-03 at 09:00 +0000, Richard Purdie wrote:
Hi,

I need some help with a problem we keep seeing:

https://autobuilder.yocto.io/builders/nightly-arm64/builds/798

Basically, now and again, for reasons we don't understand, all the
sanity tests fail for qemuarm64.

Another failure:

https://autobuilder.yocto.io/builders/nightly-arm64/builds/801/steps/Running%20Sanity%20Tests/logs/stdio

In this case one testimage failed, the others passed...

Interesting, re your comments on host load affecting all runs.

I was going to ask about repeatability over qemu/kernel builds, but here we have 3 instances of the same qemu and kernel binaries only one of which fails.

I've done some limited testing, but haven't been able to reproduce this on my single build machine. Every aarch64 boot works ok for me, and the ping test completes. I only tried core-image-minimal. I tried cleansstate'ing the kernel and/or qemu-native and remaking, but no change. Poky commit I tried was master:bd5424f5b05a0a65471a77632efe7b9907370217

Regards,
Ian