On 05/04/2018 03:46 PM, Paulo Neves wrote:
I always wondered, what is the rationale for not always using the git
repositories? If there is one why did we change for this specific
recipe?

I ask this because I am in the process of creating a massive layer,
whose only purpose is to have the software come from the git
repository and not from the tarballs of the original poky recipes.

Git repositories can be much slower to clone, than it would be to download an equivalent tarball. Otherwise, I have no particular preference.

Alex