On Tue, 2019-01-22 at 13:06 +0000, André Draszik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am hoping to optimise some network traffic here a little by
> reducing
> sstate upload to our central server.
>
> These might be stupid questions on that subject:
> * Are *.tgz.siginfo files without a matching *.tgz useful to be
> shared

They're useful if you need to debug signatures as they link other
sstate hashes together. The system doesn't use them except when
debugging (e.g. dumpsigs/diffsigs).

>   (uploaded to our centra sstate server), or is there no point?
> * which siginfos can be safely avoided to be uploaded? I'd assume all
>   *_rm_work.tgz.siginfo

There probably aren't many but rm_work/clean/cleansstate are pointless.

>   Any others?
> * Can such an approach be feasible?

Not sure it would save much.

The sstate hash equivalence work should be much more promising for
this.