On 5/3/19 11:32 AM, Alex Kiernan wrote:
On Fri, May 3, 2019 at 6:34 PM Burton, Ross <ross.bur...@intel.com> wrote:
On Fri, 3 May 2019 at 17:48, Alex Kiernan <alex.kier...@gmail.com> wrote:
The newer python3 recipe no longer includes python3-misc in target by
default, leading to failures:

This statement isn't true, the python3 package does include python3-misc, but the bmap-tools recipe

does not RDEPEND on python3, it RDEPENDS on python3-core (which is not the same).

   Traceback (most recent call last):
     File "/usr/bin/bmaptool", line 6, in <module>
       from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
     File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 42, in
<module>
       import ntpath
   ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'ntpath'
Looks like ntpath should be in a different package if pkg_resources
won't run without it.

Sorry, should've looked more closely... I'll take a look at it.
Yeah, it might be worth checking if ntpath either belongs on its own package or in another one.

  RDEPENDS_${PN} = "python3-core python3-compression python3-mmap python3-setuptools
python3-fcntl python3-six"
+RDEPENDS_${PN}_append_class-target = " python3-misc"
Why class-target only?

It doesn't exist for native (which was a surprise).

I think you're looking at this incorrectly, the python3-misc package does not exists for python3-native (because python3-native isn't split),

but, here, the class override you are using is stating that only bmap-tools(target) should RDEPEND on python3-misc, which I don't think

it should be the case, its likely that bmap-tools-native should RDEPEND on python3-misc-native, which although it doesn't actually exists

python3-native should be able to RPROVIDE.

Cheers,

Alejandro