On 5/24/19 3:12 AM, Adrian Bunk wrote:
On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 07:16:53PM -0700, Khem Raj wrote:
but I think dropping
systemd support completely from musl is not an option I would like to go
with, there are cases where this makes sense. Especially when you have to
cater to different set of devices from small to big, userspace remaining
same is big advantage atleast in the world I am in.

That's a good point - when arguing against systemd as default init system.

systemd is bigger than glibc, therefore on very small systems where the
size of the C library matters using systemd is usually not an option.

Yes, design-wise I concur, in practice, desktop distros rule the linux world and systemd is quite prevalent there, so sometimes you have to wear the shoes of same color, atleast thats what I see. apps want to run uniformly on both OE and non-OE systems

cu
Adrian