If we understood more about the nature of the race condition a test case could
probably be constructed. For now, it is worth a try to see if it is any better.
 I am certain the timing will change ever so slightly, so we could hit the
glibc-locale issue more or less...

All of the regression tests completed over the weekend and the new code which
found the problem in the first place is also working well. I'll send a new
patch out to move pseudo forward.

Cheers,
Jason.