Hi Jean-Marie,

Am 24.10.19 um 17:13 schrieb Jean-Marie LEMETAYER:
Hi Stefan,

On Oct 24, 2019, at 2:40 PM, Stefan Herbrechtsmeier ste...@herbrechtsmeier.net
wrote:
Fist we should use 'npm ci' instead of 'npm install'.

Thanks for the tips, I did not know about the 'npm ci' command. Sadly it fails to
handle '--global' installation. The 'npm pack && npm install' trick is much
more efficient as explain in this commit:

https://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/commit/?id=d38e1e2c2ea4646b34ea6282d3d7620df5b0374b

Okay.

How would you handle prebuild binaries? Would you disable prebuild binaries?

I have no case of using prebuild binaries. Can you give me an example of a
package using prebuild?

The pouchdb package have some dependencies with prebuild binaries.

How would you handle native packages (ex. angular-cli)?

Like this (this a part of the next patchset to support angular):

   $ cat meta-oe/recipes-devtools/angular-cli/angular-cli_8.3.12.bb
   SUMMARY = "CLI tool for Angular"
   HOMEPAGE = "https://github.com/angular/angular-cli";
   LICENSE = "MIT"
   LIC_FILES_CHKSUM = "file://LICENSE;md5=dc2a37e472c366af2a7b8bd0f2ba5af4"
   SRC_URI = "npm://registry.npmjs.org;name=@angular/cli;version=${PV}"
   S = "${WORKDIR}/npm"
   inherit npm
   NPM_SHRINKWRAP = "${THISDIR}/${BPN}/npm-shrinkwrap.json"
   BBCLASSEXTEND = "native"

You don't set the SRC_URI checksum? How you ensure that the server didn't change the package?

How you use this package and how you handle other dependencies? How you build an angular application?

How would you patch dependencies?

I am not sure that it is managed in the actual implementation. I believe that
the interest is limited.

This is needed if you use packages with c code.

Regards
  Stefan