Hi Paul

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 1:10 PM Paul Barker <pbar...@konsulko.com> wrote:

> On Thu,  9 Apr 2020 12:49:47 +0200
> Ricardo Ribalda Delgado <rica...@ribalda.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >

> > Today wic behaves differently if we run it from bitbake of directly from the
> > commandline.
> >
> > When it is run from bitbake, the permissions/usersnames are handled by the
> > pseudo database of the main image.
> >
> > When it is run from the comandline , it is run outside the main image
> > database.
> >
> > This results on permissions/usernames not working ok on some usecases on
> > both
> > bitbake and wic.
> >

> > This is an attempt to fix all the permission bugs that I am aware from wic.
> > Using the following usecases
> >

> > #exclude-path
> > part / --source rootfs --fstype=ext4 --exclude-path=home
> >
> > #split_partition
> > part / --source rootfs --ondisk sda --fstype=ext4 --exclude-path=etc/
> > part /etc --source rootfs
> > --rootfs-dir=tmp/work/qt5222-poky-linux/core-image-minimal/1.0-r0/rootfs/etc/
> >  --fstype=ext4
> >
> > #multi_partition
> > part / --source rootfs --ondisk sda --fstype=ext4
> > part /export --source rootfs --rootfs=core-image-minimal-mtdutils
> > --fstype=ext4
> >

> > With the current master:
> > -------------------------
> > #exclude-path
> > From Bitbake: OK
> > wic cmdline: FAIL
> >
> > #split_partition
> > From Bitbake: OK
> > wic cmdline: FAIL, permissions invalid on both partitions
> >
> > #multi_partition
> > From Bitbake: FAIL second partition
> > wic cmdline: OK
> >

> > After:  wic: Fix permissions when using exclude or include path
> > #exclude-path
> > From Bitbake: OK
> > wic cmdline: OK
> >
> > #split_partition
> > From Bitbake: OK
> > wic cmdline: FAIL, permissions invalid on second partition
> >
> > #multi_partition
> > From Bitbake: FAIL second partition
> > wic cmdline: OK
> >

> > After: wic: Fix multi images .wks with bitbake
> > #exclude-path
> > From Bitbake: OK
> > wic cmdline: OK
> >
> > #split_partition
> > From Bitbake: FAIL, permissions invalid on second partition
> > wic cmdline: FAIL, permissions invalid on second partition
> >
> > #multi_partition
> > From Bitbake: OK
> > wic cmdline: OK
> >

> This looks really good, are you able to automate any of these tests and put
> them in meta/lib/oeqa/selftest/cases/wic.py?

Havent done it before, but for sure I can give it a try.

Any good guide I can use? Last time I was playing with selftest
whenever I changed something on a test I had to run the whole test
from scratch, which is not very productive :).

> > After: wic: Add --change-directory argument
> >
> > we can have a .wks like:
> > part / --source rootfs --ondisk sda --fstype=ext4 --exclude-path=etc/
> > part /etc --source rootfs --fstype=ext4 --change-directory=/etc
> >

> > Wich works fine from bitbake and from cmdline, and has the same
> > functionality as
> > split_partition.
> >

> > Ricardo Ribalda Delgado (4):
> >   wic: Fix permissions when using exclude or include path
> >   wic: Fix multi images .wks with bitbake
> >   wic: Add --change-directory argument
> >   wic: Continue if excluded_path does not exist
> >
> >  meta/classes/image_types_wic.bbclass     |  8 +++-
> >  scripts/lib/wic/help.py                  |  6 +++
> >  scripts/lib/wic/ksparser.py              |  1 +
> >  scripts/lib/wic/partition.py             | 15 ++++---
> >  scripts/lib/wic/plugins/source/rootfs.py | 52 ++++++++++++++++++++++--
> >

> I'll give this a detailed review over the weekend. Looks good at first
> glance, though I may suggest renaming `--change-directory` to something else
> so it's more obvious what it's doing when you just read that in a wks file.
> Perhaps `--part-subdir`, I don't know. Let's not bikeshed it too much though.

I do not care about the name, I have used tar as "inspiration"

       -C, --directory=DIR
              Change  to DIR before performing any operations.  This option is
              order-sensitive, i.e. it affects all options that follow.

If you have any preference on the name I will take it.

Thanks!

--
Ricardo Ribalda