Hi Richard,

thanks, that does help maybe a little. Personally, I find the license / compliance topic one of the most annoying things in embedded development *by far*. I also wonder, why nobody else has stumbled across this, since I guess it is quite common to rule out GPLv3, because most project managers I have seen are very worried about this. Nobody (at least not our lawyers can) can say, how you can safely use GPLv3ed software. Starts out with standard template library. It really is only headers. Are they subject to the linking exception? My favorite solution would be to open source everything. But my company does not like this very much...

Anyhow: There are 4 recipes affected. These are somewhat special, because GPLv3 is only applicable on certain packages that are not commonly installed on the target.

If I got you right, we should set:

LICENSE_${PN}-lic = "FSF-license-text"

If that is correct, I will happily prepare a patch set...

Regards,

    Matthias