On 10/07/2020 5:02 am, Peter Kjellerstedt wrote:
>Richard Purdie wrote:
Seems like a useful idea. I think the name may need "failed" in the
name to make it clearer what it does. We also need a section for the
classes chapter in the manual.

As another data point, OEQA is using OEQA_DEBUGGING_SAVED_OUTPUT to
trigger saving information for reproducible builds...

How about "save_workdir_on_failure.bbclass"?

I'd like to keep the name short if possible, it'll end up in the variable names as well. Thinking ahead we might want to save other information in future beyond the workdir, so we could possibly drop that from the name. What about "failure_save" or "failure_saver"? Also, with underscores or without?

Paul