I spent some time digging into the build failures that Steve
encountered ([1], [2]) when pulling in my patch to make the build fail
if Storable.pm wasn't place in an arch specific directory. As it turns
out, this may be a false alarm. I dug into the perl code and it
appears that this change [3] (introduced for 5.31.3) moved the
installation of Storable.pm from the base directory to the arch
specific one. By my reading of the code and empirical evidence of
diffing the build output, this happens because Storable.pm is no
longer explicitly listed to be installed as
'$(INST_ARCHLIB)/Storable.pm', and thus defaults to the arch-specific
directory. Practically speaking, I believe this means that dunfell
(with perl 5.30) should always have Storable.pm in the base lib
directory, whereas master (with perl 5.32) should always have
Storable.pm in the arch specific directory. I don't have any
conclusions about what this means about our intermittent bug, but at a
minimum I suspect my patch is not appropriate for dunfell.

[1] https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/typhoon/#/builders/79/builds/1245
[2] https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/typhoon/#/builders/86/builds/1229
[3]
https://github.com/Perl/perl5/commit/95173f94fe0c1b2b943af60e1f6c6e4c47b8a975#diff-03144331fb08a8b04b003b1a49659547L16