Hi All!

We are currently migrating towards dunfell and have an issue with our BUILDNAME
handling. We observe that the BUILDNAME is overwritten by rootfs_reproducible
function which is added to the ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND list in the
rootfs-postcommands.bbclass file with the timestamp.
Why is the /etc/version file hardly coded here and why is the
REPRODUCIBLE_TIMESTAMP_ROOTFS set from inside OE code and not configurable from
outside?
We still want to make usage of the BUILDNAME variable which results in the
/etc/version file of the rootfs. What did I miss?

Thx,
Claus

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Claus Gröting
Senior Software Developer

Gigaset Communications GmbH | Frankenstraße 2 | 46395 Bocholt
t: +49 (0)2871 91 1901
claus.groet...@gigaset.com<mailto:guenter.friel...@gigaset.com> |
www.gigaset.com<http://www.gigaset.com/>

Besuchen Sie uns auf Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/Gigaset> |
Twitter<http://www.twitter.com/Gigaset> |
YouTube<http://www.youtube.com/Gigaset> |
Instagram<http://www.instagram.com/Gigaset> | Blog<http://blog.gigaset.com/> |
Xing<https://www.xing.com/companies/gigaset> |
LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company-beta/335563/>

Geschäftsführer: Klaus Weßing | Aufsichtsrat: N.N. (Vorsitzender).
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bocholt | Registergericht: Coesfeld, HRB 16595 |
WEEE-Reg. Nr. DE 96349612.