On Mon, 2020-09-14 at 11:42 +0100, Ross Burton wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Sep 2020 at 04:34, Lee Chee Yang <chee.yang....@intel.com>
> wrote:
> > use allowlist instead of whitelist.
> > Replace CVE_CHECK_PN_WHITELIST with CVE_CHECK_PN_ALLOWLIST.
>
> This is a deprecated variable already, I wouldn't bother changing it.

If its deprecated, lets remove it.

> > Replace CVE_CHECK_WHITELIST with CVE_CHECK_ALLOWLIST.
>
> ALLOWLIST really is a horrible word as this isn't a list of CVEs
> being
> allowed, it's a list of CVEs being not considered.  CVE_CHECK_IGNORE?
> CVE_CHECK_EXCLUDE?

My preference is for CVE_CHECK_IGNORE which is basically what it causes
the tool to do.

> I do also think that we should do these variable renames in one go,
> instead of piecemeal either side of a release.

I am worried about the timing of this, and the documentation
implications. We still haven't built M3 as we decided to do the sphinx
transition but we're not getting anywhere need the volume of patches to
make it happen :(

That means I don't have time to start handling piecemeal patches to
variable names, handling the fallout as things break.