On 9/23/20 11:00 PM, Khem Raj wrote:
On Wed, Sep 23, 2020 at 2:40 PM Ross Burton <r...@burtonini.com> wrote:

On Wed, 23 Sep 2020 at 18:23, Randy Witt <randy.e.w...@linux.intel.com> wrote:
Another issue is that ARM is removed from COMPATIBLE_HOST in
http://cgit.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded/tree/meta-oe/recipes-support/numactl/numactl_git.bb?h=master#n27.
This may be for legacy reasons, but libnuma can be installed on most
distributions running on an ARM host. Regardless, it would need to be changed to
allow for rt-tests on ARM.

Yeah, that's probably very old.

$ lscpu
Architecture:                    aarch64
CPU op-mode(s):                  64-bit
Byte Order:                      Little Endian
CPU(s):                          256
On-line CPU(s) list:             0-255
Thread(s) per core:              4
Core(s) per socket:              32
Socket(s):                       2
NUMA node(s):                    2

The recipe has done that since it was added, so I'd call this
historical and just delete it.

question is not aarch64 but arm (32bit) and I think answer is still no for arm.

I compiled numactl on arm, and v1.8 of rt-tests. While the ptests for numactl fail, due to there being no actual numa support, the libraries and headers still work.

cyclictest from rt-tests seems to still set affinity appropriately and work. Should we make the ptests aware of the expected results when numa isn't supported? For example:

     root@qemuarm:/# /usr/lib/numactl/ptest/test/distance
     no numa support in kernel

I also tried v1.9 of rt-tests, but it fails due to the following https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/utils/rt-tests/rt-tests.git/tree/src/oslat/oslat.c?h=v1.9#n72. I'm going to email the maintainer about that, since there is no way to disable any of the tests, outside of manually specifying each one. And it will break any architecture that isn't x86_64, i386, or PPC64.

Ross