Hi,

> This is the patch that disables the sporadically failing stuff:

> [
> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/recipes-kernel/lttng/lttng-tools/0001-tests-regression-disable-the-tools-live-tests.patch
> |
> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/recipes-kernel/lttng/lttng-tools/0001-tests-regression-disable-the-tools-live-tests.patch
> ]

I suspect that some of these tests are not that sporadic anymore since a lot of
work was done on the live feature. Still, it is not up to you to prove this.

> And this is the bug I had filed upstream:
> [ https://bugs.lttng.org/issues/1217 | https://bugs.lttng.org/issues/1217 ]

Well, time goes by fast.

> As no movement occurred on that bug since Jan, I am not keen on filing
> additional bugs, but you can see the additional,

I'm okay with taking responsibility regarding the long time to fix but not so
much in not fixing bug/issues that are simply not reported.
Not all issues are of the same nature and require the same amount of work to
fix.

> currently occuring failures here:
> [
> https://autobuilder.yocto.io/pub/non-release/20201204-4/testresults/qemux86-64-ptest/lttng-tools.log
> |
> https://autobuilder.yocto.io/pub/non-release/20201204-4/testresults/qemux86-64-ptest/lttng-tools.log
> ]

Thanks for the link. Any link or doc that would allow me to easily setup a
similar build (conf file, ram size etc.).

Is core-image-sato-sdk-ptest a good image to reproduce this?

Cheers