On Thu, 2021-01-28 at 22:44 +0000, Richard Purdie via
lists.openembedded.org wrote:
> On Thu, 2021-01-28 at 23:38 +0100, Alexandre Belloni wrote:
> > Hello Jose,
> >
> > On 24/01/2021 18:07:58+0000, Jose Quaresma wrote:
> > > Drop patches:
> > >     * 0001-Fix-the-link-order-of-libglslang-and-libHLSL.patch
> > >       is rejected upstream and is not need when glslang as shared libs.
> > >
> > > Update pacthes:
> > >     * 0001-cmake-de-vendor-libs-and-disable-git-versioning.patch
> > >       renamed and refreshed from
> > > 0003-cmake-de-vendor-libs-and-disable-git-versioning.patch.
> > >

> > It seems there is still a linking issue when building shaderc-native.
> > The full log is available here:
> >
> > https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/typhoon/#/builders/40/builds/2978/steps/11/logs/stdio
>
> I have a suspicion this happens on Ubuntu 18.04 systems since I've seen
> issues like this locally with 18.04's binutils version and OE generated
> vulkan-samples binaries, I think Joshua Watt reported the same issue
> too with 18.04.
>
> Not sure what we can do about it, can we disable the debug symbol types
> causing problems in that -native recipe?

I tried to reproduce this and couldn't so far. I suspect what happens
is that one of the dependencies builds on a newer system, shaderc-
native then builds on 1804 and it can't read the binary generated by
the newer binutils.

This is obviously a pain to setup and reproduce. The "easiest" way may
be to build buildtools-tarball to build everything up to shaderc-
native, then remove buildtools-tarball and build shaderc-native. I'll
see if I can find some time to try that.

I've been holding the patches in master-next but I think we probably
should merge them as this could well be a generic ubuntu1804 issue that
already probably exists.