I've switched centos8-ty-2.yocto.io over to Stream and it's now running
kernel 4.18.0-310.el8.x86_64. I'm not sure how to test if the problem
still exists but I don't see a related entry in the changelog so I expect
it does.

Alex, can you check or send me a bit more info about how to check myself?

--
Michael Halstead
Linux Foundation / Yocto Project