On 6/28/21 12:52 PM, Phil Blundell wrote:
On Mon, Jun 28, 2021 at 12:42:55PM -0700, Khem Raj wrote:
On Mon, Jun 28, 2021 at 12:10 PM Phil Blundell <p...@pbcl.net> wrote:

On Mon, Jun 28, 2021 at 11:46:08AM -0700, Khem Raj wrote:
I still hope that if we can add a proper neon detection patch to meson
they would be ok to accept it.

Why doesn't the runtime detection work in the way that upstream clearly
think it ought to?

probably it does, someone has to test it on device without vfp.
Currently it is still failing to compile.
so first that needs to be fixed.

Okay, but if the runtime detection does in fact work then there's no need
for any NEON detection in Meson, right?

well, if we can beat the compiler to not complain about using neon on a non-neon system then yes, but changing float ABI to make compiler happy seems a bit iffy, since compiler will generate code expecting VFP and that could trip the system.

p.