Hi,

I'm currently seeing the following behavior after the latest override syntax change (tested up to today's poky and meta-openembedded)

Take an image and install any kind of packagegroup, which references several recipes, which pull in dependencies by their own.

image:

IMAGE_INSTALL:append = " packagegroup-foo"

pkggroup:

RDEPENDS:${PN} += "recipe"

recipe:

RDEPENDS:${PN} += "libxml2"

pkgdata for the recipe

RDEPENDS:recipe: libxml2 (>= 2.9.12)

and the pkggroup are correct

RDEPENDS:packagegroup-foo: recipe

still I don't get libxml2 installed into the final image - there is no sign of that in log.do_rootfs or anywhere else.

The same thing worked pretty well the week before.

Thoughts?

BR
Konrad