On Fri, 2021-11-05 at 14:09 +0000, Jasper Orschulko wrote:
> Actually, I don't believe this to be an issue for the following
> reasons:
>
> [...]
>
> 2. When using repo within the yocto build itself (with the repo
> fetcher), the repo binary is only ever called during the do_fetch step,
> which obviously has no issues with any network access.

This is not true. The system may be configured for no network access and is
meant just to be building from MIRRORS/PREMIRRORS (see also BB_NO_NETWORK).

One of the reasons for the fetcher abstraction is to allow us to support
features like that. do_fetch is where network access should happen, if the
system is configured for it.

I guess the question becomes whether the usages of repo when using DL_DIR as a
cache will still touch the network?