On Sat, 25 Dec 2021 at 20:32, Stefan Herbrechtsmeier <
ste...@herbrechtsmeier.net> wrote:

> > I'm not sure how to deal with that, so there aren't that many options
> here.
>
> This is a common problem for all language specific package managers
> (python / pip, Node.js / npm, Rust / Carge, go) and we need a common
> solution.

I tend to think that the best (and the hardest) option is to improve these
tools so that they're usable inside do_fetch (e.g. fulfil the
caching/reproducibility criteria for a bitbake fetcher), and the needed
changes are acceptable to upstreams.

Alex