On 1/20/22 21:15, Khem Raj wrote:
there are bunch of failures in meta-openembedded as well  see

https://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Build/138784/

So, how shall we proceed here ?

I suspect Alex will send a patch for the problem detected in oe-core and then oe-core with ffmpeg 5.0 won't be broken anymore.

As for the rest of the recipes in meta-openembedded, they will likely be catching up to ffmpeg 5.0 over time, so we can either upgrade them, or patch them. I suspect the former is more favorable approach.

However, what is not clear to me is whether this breakage in meta-openembedded is a blocker for this patch to be applied to oe-core (with the fix from Alex), or not ?