On 07.02.2022 16:30, Tobias Neumann wrote:

Because a SDK is specific for a hardware platform, but not for a project using
that hardware platform, it is readonly and can be used for all projects with
this hardware. This however requires that the compiled libraries generated with
this SDK during the user side build process will be installed at a different
location, which would be the second sysroot.

Until now we only build a cmake project with external dependencies to the
installed SDK using this workflow. Further external libraries, not contained in
the SDK, had to be integrated in this cmake build, either as subdirectory or
via external builds (using e.g. cmake-superbuilds). We now want to extend this
workflow by supporting multiple cmake projects with dependencies to each other,
thus the need for this second sysroot in the build.

best regards
Tobias

Hi Tobias,
Any reason you set SDK to be read-only? Perhaps your use case can be covered by extensible SDK? I mean if you have some shared libraries between project, isn't that enough to extend your SDK to solve the original problem?

Cheers,
Vyacheslav