Hi,

On Fri, Feb 18, 2022 at 09:03:53AM +0100, Alexander Kanavin wrote:
> You should really try per-image INCOMPATIBLE_LICENSE :) Maintaining
> those whitelists/excludes is awkward, as developers constantly want
> more of them.

Hmm, this rings a bell. Likely yes then :)

But on the other hand this way we're quite explicit about what GPLv3 things
we allow to compile. Compiling too much also hurts with compilation times too
and for
many use cases developers are better off working with Debian or Ubuntu tooling
than
compiling every bell and whistle with yocto.

My list of GPLv3 recipes enabled for compilation is quite stable at:

autoconf
bash
bc
binutils