On Thu, 10 Mar 2022 at 11:48, Konrad Weihmann <kweihm...@outlook.com> wrote:
> > +pip_install_wheel_do_bootstrap_install () {
> > +    install -d ${D}${PYTHON_SITEPACKAGES_DIR}
> > +    unzip -d ${D}${PYTHON_SITEPACKAGES_DIR} ${PIP_INSTALL_DIST_PATH}/*.whl
> > +}
>
> I think these two lines could be moved into a generic do_install:native
> - and then removing all the override code from the recipes below.

There's only a few recipes which need this bootstrap, 99% of native
recipes can use pip: it's just flit_core/pip/setuptools/wheel which
can't as they're needed to build pip itself.

(and once installer is used instead of pip, it's just installer and flit_core)

I may send a v2 to this, as we should be byte-compiling the bootstrap code too.

Ross