On Wed, 24 Aug 2022 at 15:58, Peter Kjellerstedt
<peter.kjellerst...@axis.com> wrote:
> Please no. This happens to match your expectations, but doesn't at
> all match our use of TEMPLATECONF. In our .templateconf we set
> TEMPLATECONF=${TEMPLATECONF:-templateconf} and create the templateconf
> directory in runtime where we generate the sample files that match the
> layers that repo has fetched for this particular build. It obviously
> has no layer.conf file as it is in no layer, and the path doesn't
> contain "templates/<something>". I can of course change our tools to
> create a couple of extra directories to match your expectations, but
> at the same time it seems very unnecessary.

If you create the template files on the fly, then you might as well
create the actual configs directly into build/conf and skip the
template step. No?

We do need to standardize the location for the templates for reasons
of discoverability and consistency with machine and distro
definitions, this has been discussed.

Alex