On Mon, 2022-09-19 at 10:28 -0400, bruce.ashfi...@gmail.com wrote:
> Here's the next set of -stable updates to the active reference kernels.
> I also have updates back to 5.4 that I'll send to the various stable
> branches shortly.
>
> I also have a couple of kern-tools fixes. One to solve a problem reported
> on the list about some directory structures (typically created from KAS)
> to break the meta-data phase of the kernel build. I've fixed that issue,
> then fixed the other regressions that fix caused, and have everything
> passing sanity. There shouldn't be any fallout, but I'll be keeping a
> close eye on things.
>
> I also have Khem's MDIO configuration change in the queue, along with
> a previously hidden kern-tools feature that allows it to not warn if
> something is 'enabled' (y or m).

Thanks, those sound like good fixes. Unfortunately this showed an issue
with TMPDIR in perf somewhere in testing:

Reproducible error:
https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/typhoon/#/builders/117/builds/1570

and warnings:
https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/typhoon/#/builders/61/builds/5871

https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/typhoon/#/builders/73/builds/5832
https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/typhoon/#/builders/42/builds/5862
https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/typhoon/#/builders/15/builds/6153
https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/typhoon/#/builders/131/builds/1255
https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/typhoon/#/builders/60/builds/5848
https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/typhoon/#/builders/44/builds/5910
and more, seems to be on all arches.

Diffoscope output is here:
http://autobuilder.yocto.io/pub/repro-fail/oe-reproducible-20220919-7ypfzvog/packages/diff-html/

which shows an issue in debug symbols and it looks to be python
related:

PYTHON·BUILD_STR('/home/pokybuild/yocto-worker/reproducible/build/build-st/reproducibleA/tmp/work/qemux86_64-poky-linux/perf/1.0-r9/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/python3-native/python3')