On Mon, Dec 26, 2022 at 10:38 AM Vyacheslav Yurkov <uvv.m...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Martin, I did see that patch series, but I was not sure about its state,
> therefore I didn't try it. If I understood correctly, that partially solves
> the issue, but the proper solution should involve the fetcher, that's why
> it's not yet merged to master. Am I missing something?

That's not my understanding.

The proposed changes for recipetool had some cosmetic and functional review
comments and it doesn't work correctly for every possible go dependency
(e.g. the 3 issues I've mentioned from telegram recipe), but it's very good
starting point and we should be able to get it merged in master (and then
everybody can more easily contribute fixes for the corner cases where it
might not work well yet).

Even missing documentation IMHO shouldn't block merging it at this point,
because there is a clear need this (as there are already 3 partial
implementations to fix this issue, neither 100% complete and nothing merged
in master - the recipetool changes are IMHO the best of 3 as it integrates
with devtool as well and seems to be most complete).

go fetcher in bitbake is another possibility for future, but generating the
long deps in SRC_URI is much better solution then enabling network in every
go-mod recipe.

Please try recipetool changes on your go-mod recipes and provide feedback.

Regards,