Hi Sundeep

Not sure I can really help - at best I'm a novice rust user (albeit
with a team who are writing rust).

Looking at the source for rmeta generation
(https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/tree/master/compiler/rustc_metadata/src/rmeta)
it looks like it's really just a dump of internal state. So I'd expect
pretty much anything can cause it to change - running strings over a
couple of files I have here I see things like the compiler triple in
there and the paths to source files.

Given we're seeing this in libstd-rs, I wonder if this is really an
issue with how we're building libstd-rs - as far as I can tell the
(current) supported way to build it is as part of the whole compiler
build. Looking at the arch build by comparison its all in one pass,
albeit with no need for separate native/target complications:

https://github.com/archlinux/svntogit-packages/blob/packages/rust/trunk/PKGBUILD

Though I don't know how you'd fit that into our world.

--
Alex Kiernan