Hi RP and Alexander,

On 2/14/23 16:47, Richard Purdie wrote:
On Tue, 2023-02-14 at 00:28 -0800, Robert Yang wrote:
The PACKAGE_FEED_ARCHS is highly related to ALL_MULTILIB_PACKAGE_ARCHS, set it
automatically is better than manually, for example, we may forget to upgrade
PACKAGE_FEED_ARCHS when ALL_MULTILIB_PACKAGE_ARCHS is changed if set it
manually.

The workflow is:
Use PACKAGE_FEED_ARCHS if it is defined, if not, check DEPLOY_DIR_XXX/<arch>,
add
<arch> to PACKAGE_FEED_ARCHS if it exists.

This says what the code does, which I can see from the patch. What this
doesn't say is *why*.

What issue is this change needed for? When would we currently need to
set these things manually?

This is used for online package feeds (When PACKAGE_FEED_URIS is set), the
default PACKAGE_FEED_ARCHS is None, so "dnf install/upgrade" or "apt-get update"
doesn't work by default, we must set PACKAGE_FEED_ARCHS to make it work, but
it's hard to maintain PACKAGE_FEED_ARCHS manually since we can't add more/less archs:

1) When add less archs in PACKAGE_FEED_ARCHS, "dnf update" can't find the missed packages.

2) When add more archs in PACKAGE_FEED_ARCHS, "dnf upgrade" will report
"can't find package feed" errors.

We must set the accurate package feed archs to make it work correctly, but
different builds may have different values since recipes can set PACKAGE_ARCH.
Set it automatically (when not set manually) can make it work smoothly.

The multilib variables are not really meant to be used in generic code
and the multilib classes are meant to to be getting in the way like
this. Does this mean multilib is not setting up something correctly?

No, multilib works correctly, I just use it find archs in DEPLOY_DIR.

// Robert