On Wed, 15 Feb 2023 at 15:32, Alexander Kanavin <alex.kana...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Feb 2023 at 14:25, Dmitry Baryshkov <dbarysh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > +# dependencies for tools. libconfig is optional, it is a part of meta-oe
> > so it needs special treatment
> > +TOOLS_DEPS_FREEDRENO_LIBCONFIG = "
> > ${@bb.utils.contains('BBFILE_COLLECTIONS', 'openembedded-layer',
> > 'libconfig', '', d)} "
>
> Oe-core cannot build things differently depending on whether other
> layers are present.
>
> On the other hand, it is fine to refer to dependencies from other
> layers if the corresponding options are disabled by default. You
> probably want to have the option for freedreno tools separate from the
> option for freedreno driver.

I tried to represent the fact that the dependency is optional. It is
possible to build useful tools without libconfig, but adding libconfig
dependency enables the fdperf tool.
Of course I can add an extra freedreno-fdperf PKGCONFIG entry, it I
understand your suggestion correctly.

--
With best wishes
Dmitry