On Thu, 2023-02-23 at 13:55 -0500, Randy MacLeod wrote:
> Thanks Naveen,
>
> With a large patch like this it would be good if you could provide a
>  cover letter that summarized what is different in v12, compared to
> v11.
>
> I've looked at the diff and my summary is below. There are some
> changes
>  which I see but would benefit from an explanation.
>
> Finally, please change your SOB line to @windriver.com.

Changelogs definitely help, thanks Randy!

Thanks for putting this patch together Naveen, we are getting there. I
ran this through the autobuilder and the good news is we only saw one
failure related to the patch, in oe-selftest on an ARM host:

https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/typhoon/#/builders/127/builds/1004
(from
https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/typhoon/#/builders/83/builds/4962
)

We could disable the rust tests on arm host systems to get this to
merge however ideally it would be fixed to run there properly as well.
I'm not even sure this should actually be running there at all now I
look at things. The other toolchain/machine specific tests are tagged
as "machine", e.g. meta_ide.py has:

@OETestTag("machine")
class MetaIDE(OESelftestTestCase):

or they're marked as @OETestTag("toolchain-user") or
@OETestTag("toolchain-system") in the case of the glibc/gcc tests. The
difference is how the tests are run so "toolchain-system" would be most
appropriate for rust. This means that the tests are run per MACHINE
target instead of once overall.

The second issue I noticed is that the test results are not appearing
in the test report. For the build above, this is here:

https://autobuilder.yocto.io/pub/non-release/20230223-9/testresults/testresult-report.txt

and I can't see the rust tests at all. This will need to be fixed
before the patches can merge. It may be changing to be
machine/toolchain might fix that, I don't remember the details.