I'm not sure anyone can really give qualified answers, you just need
to write down some code and iteratively get it to something you like.
You don't have to show your work in progress, if you think it looks
horrible :)

Question 1 is odd: cargo-native would not run in target images, so you
can't add it to them.

Alex