On 30 Jun 2023, at 16:07, Alexander Kanavin via lists.openembedded.org
<alex.kanavin=gmail....@lists.openembedded.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Jun 2023 at 11:14, Changqing Li
> <changqing...@eng.windriver.com> wrote:
>> Remove log_lock.pid which maybe created during do_rootfs. In commit
>> [dnf: only write the log lock to root for native dnf],
>> native dnf changed to write log lock to root, and target dnf still
>> use /var/log, so log_lock.pid need to be removed post do_rootfs.
>
> This is not making clear why the file needs to be removed. What
> problems occur if it is left in place? Is it supposed to be added,
> then removed by dnf during do_rootfs, and if this doesn't happen, is
> that a problem with dnf that needs to be fixed, rather than removing
> the file manually after the fact?

Absolutely.  If the dnf image creation is leaving lock files then we fix the
dnf image creation.  Does dnf leave a daemon hanging around? Does it leave lock
files when it shouldn’t?  Either way, this should be in dnf or the image
creation code itself, not a generic rootfs postcommand.

Ross