I would be cautious with boost upgrade in stable branch.

Boost is known for having breaking changes almost each new version. I only had a glance at 1.79-1.81 https://www.boost.org/users/history/ and there are a couple of them.

Are you affected by some particular bug or vulnerability in 1.78?

Vyacheslav

On 21.07.2023 06:49, Thomas Roos via lists.openembedded.org wrote:

Hi,
we are hitting an issue with boost version 1.78 and like to ask if and how there is a boost upgrade on kirkstone branch?
Cheers, Thomas

Amazon Web Services EMEA SARL
38 avenue John F. Kennedy, L-1855 Luxembourg
Sitz der Gesellschaft: L-1855 Luxemburg
eingetragen im Luxemburgischen Handelsregister unter R.C.S. B186284

Amazon Web Services EMEA SARL, Niederlassung Deutschland
Marcel-Breuer-Str. 12, D-80807 Muenchen
Sitz der Zweigniederlassung: Muenchen
eingetragen im Handelsregister des Amtsgerichts Muenchen unter HRB 242240, USt-ID DE317013094