2023. 07. 14. 15:48 keltezéssel, Zoltan Boszormenyi via lists.openembedded.org
írta:
2023. 07. 14. 15:23 keltezéssel, Ross Burton írta:
On 14 Jul 2023, at 13:53, Zoltan Boszormenyi via lists.openembedded.org <zboszor=gmail....@lists.openembedded.org> wrote:
It would be nice if Yocto's rpm recipe added the possible
buildarchtranslate lines for BSP target archs automatically.
As you’re in the perfect position to test this, would you be willing to come up with a patch?

I am trying to.
Currently I am stuck with making this work for Yocto 3.4.
Later I may be able to come up with something that works for Yocto master.

It might be as simple as only changing the macro files in native builds, so the target rpm has conventional macros.  Then again I don’t know much about RPM so may be wrong!

rpmrc and the platform specific macros file need changing.

It seems only the latter needs to be changed.
In case of MACHINE=genericx86-64, RPM packages with
.genericx86_64.rpm suffix will be generated this way.

I just sent the patch against the rpm recipe. Please
review and comment.

I hope I got it right for architectures I don't usually build for.

rpm --eval '%{_arch}' also not correct. strace shows that
it looks at the contents of /etc/rpm/platform and then
wants to read /usr/lib/rpm/platform/<platform>/macros
which doesn't exist for e.g. platform=genericx86-64 or
other BSPs.

Also, I am not using multiarch so the default
/usr/lib/rpm/platform/x86_64-linux/macros is not correct
as it tells rpmbuild to use /usr/lib64 as opposed to use /usr/lib.

Not sure what to do with a multiarch Yocto build.

A test case that does a simple build using rpm would be a good step too.

Cheers,
Ross