On Wed, 26 Jul 2023 at 13:42, Enrico Scholz
<enrico.sch...@sigma-chemnitz.de> wrote:> > it's better to just scrub
them prior to publishing with a post-script.>
> Else, there are sometimes not many ways to work without them.
> E.g. SSTATE_MIRRORS has contain the secret token because it is used
> directly by bitbake; perhaps I could use a wget wrapper and write a
> custom curl python class...

Yes, the secret needs to be in a file (or other access-controlled
facility), and read from it by the process that needs it, and only
directly prior to using it. Having it in a bitbake variable which gets
passed through a million tasks and components is a terrible idea, and
I do not want to validate it by having a 'secret' flag. Sorry, still
no.

Alex