On Mon, Jul 24, 2023 at 10:36:28AM +0200, Alexander Kanavin wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jul 2023 at 10:25, Julien Stephan <jstep...@baylibre.com> wrote:
> > > Thanks for working on this. Should we think about how this could be
> > > tested?
> > Do you mean we should consider addind self test for bblock? or you want
> > to discuss about acceptance criteria for bblock?
>
> Hello,
> I mean mostly about what should be tested. How can we verify that the
> script does what it's supposed to, in an automated way, so it won't
> silently break as new changes to bitbake/oe-core are added? What
> should such a test contain?
> The specific form of tests (whether it's selftest, or maybe a part of
> SDK testing, or something else) is secondary.
>
> Alex

Hi Alex,

I just send the v3 with a lot of improvements!

Here is what I do during my dev:
- lock a recipe's task for a given arch (qemux86-64 vs qemuarm)
- modify the given task
- check that for the selected arch, task is locked (but not for other arch)

Maybe we need to be more formal with that?

I would be happy to provide a test script if needed.

Cheers
Julien