On Tue, 2023-08-22 at 12:00 +0200, Alexander Kanavin wrote:
> It's probably simpler to enforce that the build folder is not under
> poky/ if I understand this right? How is it created, and at which
> point?
Do you mean something like this:

cd poky
. oe-init-build-env ../poky-build

Yes, it would probably work. But moving the build folder would break a
long-established standard. I'm not sure if such a change would be
accepted by the users.

I will send a v2 with a minimalistic, static settings.json file added
to git. It covers all build folder under poky. I tried several
different things and this looks like the best solution to me.

Regards,
Adrian