On Wed, 6 Sept 2023 at 23:44, Richard Purdie
<richard.pur...@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> I know it is really tempting just to add dependencies and ignore the
> deeper issues but some of this really doesn't make sense when you step
> back and think about it.

I sent a different patch that decouples native/target sysroot
population tasks from do_build in the build-sysroots recipe and tweaks
usage to run them explicitly.

I agree that user/group handling at build time needs a redesign:
there's just too many corner cases and special handling all over the
place currently. I would really just rather place a file into
/etc/passwd.d/ and that would amount to 'making' a user. Indexing or
other special processing, if needed, can happen at do_rootfs time.

Alex